Fair Oaks, CA Commercial Roofing Contractor
A well-maintained and installed Fair Oaks commercial roof is essential for any business or other commercial building, and an experienced roofing contractor can determine what roof most fits your budget and needs. A full-service contractor will also ensure your roof is installed properly and can assist with upkeep and maintenance.
Noah’s Roofing — Your Commercial Roofing Contractor in Fair Oaks, CA
Your Fair Oaks, CA commercial roof may need replacement, upgrades, or repairs. At Noah’s Roofing, we provide many roofing services to better serve your business’s needs. This includes:
- Roof replacement services
- Pitched and flat roof installation
- Roof damage repair
- Emergency roof leak repair
- Roof inspection
- Skylight installation
At Noah’s Roofing, our team has served Fair Oaks and the Northern California area for more than 40 years. We know how important quality installation and materials are to a lasting commercial roof, and we know how crucial a reliable roof is to a functioning business and community.
Types of Commercial Roofing
There are several materials and styles of roofing for commercial buildings. Each comes with its own benefits and downsides.
- TPO Roofing
TPO, thermoplastic polyolefin roofing, is a rubber single-ply roofing membrane. Use of TPO is fast-growing, thanks to its easy installation, durability, energy efficiency, and resistance to mold growth. Additionally, TPO is resistant to UV rays, ozone, and chemical exposure, which also makes it ideal for heat reflection. A well-maintained TPO roof can last anywhere between 20 to 30 years.
- PVZ Roofing
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride roofing, is a multi-layer material in a single membrane. There are two layers, one of which is a supporting layer of polyester. It’s created to withstand extreme weather conditions, chemicals, and fire. PVC roofing is popular for its high durability and can last more than 20 years.
- EPDM Roofing
EPDM, or ethylene propylene diene terpolymer roofing, is versatile and durable. It’s been the industry standard for many years, and it can be used on flat and low-slope roofs. EPDM roofing at Noah’s Roofing is a high-quality membrane material that provides energy efficiency and effective protection from the weather.
- Built-up Roofing
This roofing system is made on-site, with layers of reinforced felt fabric and bitumen, or asphalt. The structure makes it incredibly resistant to weather conditions and water damage.
- Flat Roofs
Flat roofs are common on many commercial buildings, including office buildings and warehouses. They make roof access easier and are more affordable to maintain and repair than other roofing types.
- Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is highly durable and resistant to wind and weather. It’s more lightweight than other forms of roofing and comes in many colors. At Noah’s Roofing, we provide metal roofing that has been quality inspected and protected against chipping and rusting.
What Is the Importance of Commercial Roofing?
High-quality and lasting commercial roofing has a number of uses:
- Protects your employees, customers, and building from the elements
- Regulates indoor temperature
- Prevents pests and other natural damages
- Inviting appearance to potential customers
- Saves money in the long run
A business that installs a new roof has to also properly maintain it to protect that investment. It’s important to do your research to find the right roof and roofing contractor that will protect your commercial building.
Why Commercial Roofs May Need Repair or Replacement
There are several reasons a roof may be damaged. Each requires a professional appraisal to determine the most cost-effective repair or replacement solution. Common issues with roof systems include:
- Whether from age, improper installation, or weather damage, leaks can occur in any type of roof and cause significant water damage to the building’s interior.
- Old buildings. Older commercial buildings are more likely to have roof issues such as leaks, worn membranes, and breaks in flashing.
- Improper installation or defective materials. If shoddy materials were used in commercial roofing, the roof will not hold up as well. Bad installation or poor workmanship will also lead to significant issues such as leaks, ponding water, and a higher likelihood of damage.
- Ponding water. If there isn’t a proper drain system on a flat roof, pools of standing water will form, which damages the materials on the roof and leads to leaks.
- Clogged drains. Commercial roofs, especially flat roofs, need to have special drain systems to clear water and debris. If debris clogs up these drains, it can harm the roof.
- Severe weather damage. Wind, hail, rain, and other storm events can harm a roof and lead to leaks, ponding water, and other issues.
- Thermal movement. Certain roofing materials expand and contract in temperature changes, which can lead to cracks and leaks.
These issues need to be addressed quickly by a professional before the damage gets worse. At Noah’s Roofing, we can help with repair, replacement, installation, and re-roofing.
Maintaining Your Commercial Roof
It’s important that you maintain and take care of your roof. Whether you’ve invested in a new roof installation or not, the upkeep of your commercial roof is essential to its longevity and structural integrity. There are several things you can do to protect your roof’s health:
- Regular roof inspections. Good maintenance includes checking for loose flashing, cracks in the membrane, or other places where leaks may develop. Pools of water indicate that your roof is not draining properly. Inspections allow you to notice these issues before they become worse. A professional roof inspection once or twice a year can help find potential issues and keep them from getting worse.
- Repair small issues. Don’t let minor leaks or small cracks and damage develop into a more expensive problem. Get small damage repaired quickly.
- Clear the roof. Debris builds up on commercial roofs over time and needs to be cleared off. More debris is likely to gather after certain weather events. If debris is left on the roof, it will erode roof materials. It will also clog drain systems which can lead to ponding water and further roof damage.
- Proper roof ventilation. A well-ventilated roof will lessen moisture build-up. Moisture can lead to mold growth, corrosion, and other damage. Effective ventilation also provides more comfortable temperatures inside the building.
- Keep drain systems functional. Make sure your roof’s drain system is working and isn’t damaged or clogged with debris. This leads to standing water and water damage around the roof and siding.
If you’re looking into a new roof, be aware that some roof types require more maintenance than others. You want to find the right roofing material for your location, weather, and business requirements. Maintenance can make your roof last longer and so can choosing the ideal material.
Roofing Services FAQs
Q: What Is a Commercial Roofer?
A: A commercial roofing contractor provides full-service installation, repair, and replacement of commercial roofs for warehouses, retail stores, and other commercial buildings. This also includes inspections and repairs to protect a building from water damage and to ensure the roof can withstand most weather events. Commercial roofers also help with upkeep and maintenance throughout a roof’s lifespan. This keeps commercial buildings safe for employees and customers.
Q: How Do I Choose a Professional Roofing Contractor?
A: Do your research on professional contractors, and talk with friends, family, and other businesses that have gotten roofing done. You want to look for a roofing contractor who:
- Is licensed in the area you live
- Has many years of experience with roofing
- Is insured
- Has a good reputation
- Has largely positive reviews
- Is willing to provide references for past roof work
- Communicates quickly and effectively
- Provides an effective warranty
Professional roofing associations are a great resource for licensed roofing contractors.
Q: What Do I Ask a Roofing Contractor?
A: Important questions for roofing contractors include:
- How much experience do you have in roofing?
- Have you worked on roofs like mine before?
- Do you have any references to previous work that I could see?
- What roofing materials do you carry? What roof systems do you work in most?
- What is the warranty on your roofs?
- Can I receive a written detailed estimate?
- What does your insurance cover?
- Do you use subcontractors?
- How long will this project take?
- How will you handle complications during installation or repair?
Q: How Much Should I Spend on a Roof?
A: The cost of a roof depends on the materials used, the size of the roof, and whether you are getting a full replacement or only repairs. Many roof materials are charged per square foot, so the more area being repaired or replaced, the more expensive the roof is. Metal roofing is more expensive than a single-ply membrane because metal roofing is expected to last longer and hold up under more weather conditions. A roof replacement may require more labor costs than roof repairs.
Noah’s Roofing Can Help
Noah’s Roofing is committed to our community. When you need a commercial roof inspection, replacement, restoration, or repair service in Fair Oaks, contact Noah’s Roofing. We provide professional installation and high-quality materials, so you can feel confident in your roof’s integrity.